- Comments (0)
- Request for Quote
OLS-85 Optical Light Source | Inspection-ReadyFeatures
VIAVI OLS-85 Optical Light Source | Inspection-Ready
The professional, adaptable, and portable SmartClass VIAVI OLS-85 handheld optical light source is used for fiber-optic network qualification and certification. It is ideal for link loss testing, long-haul, metro, and access telecommunication network characterisation, as well as data center and local area network testing, thanks to its unique wavelength combinations.
The SmartClass VIAVI OLS-85 optical light source is ideal for fixed installations in central offices, factory settings, and laboratory workbenches since it can function via mains and has remote-control capabilities through USB 2.0 and Ethernet in addition to offering a full day of battery-operated field usage.
The OLS-85 may be upgraded with the P5000i fiber inspection microscope, which enables users to examine the condition of the fiber endface and receive fully automated pass/fail acceptance results at the touch of a button. The highest functionality and test automation are offered by combining the VIAVI Solutions OLP-85 Optical Power Meter and OLS-85 Optical Light Source, which also reduces handling mistakes and expedites testing. Automatic features, such as auto- and multi-test, transmit data about the wavelengths that are being sent to the receiver, which then sets the wavelengths on a compatible power meter to precisely measure up to four wavelengths at once. On the OLP-85, users may create and preserve thorough test reports.
The OLS-85 inspection-ready optical light source can be used anywhere today’s fiber technicians go, up poles or down holes. Technicians get ultimate flexibility and performance from this powerful easy-to-use solution that can help any technician become an instant.
VIAVI OLS-85 Key Benefits and Features
- With a uniquely integrated fiber inspection and test with auto pass/fail analysis, do projects more quickly, properly, and on schedule the first time.
- Portable optical light source with up to 4 wavelengths that runs on batteries.
- Color touch screen with a built-in pen, 3.5"
- With launch circumstances that comply with encircling flux (EF) at 850 nm, the quad version (850, 1300, 1310, and 1550 m)
- 1310, 1490, 1550, and 1625 nm wavelengths in the FTTx/PON version
- Analyzing automated pass/fail fiber inspection data with the P5000i optional microscope
- Flexible output level
- Auto- and multi-testing features talking to VIAVI power meters
- Option for in-service loss tests
- Strong, weatherproof construction